Today I arrived a wee bit late after having flown back from a Manaiakalani Convenors' Meeting at Grey Main School in Greymouth. Before boarding my plane from Wellington to Gizzy I completed the WWW in prep for today's session on Media & then flicked through Dorothy's slide deck on empowerment. The whole Manaiakalani kaupapa of empowerment really resonated with me - especially when as a school leader I want education to empower not just our students but also our whanau - to give them rangatiratanga!! Being connected with digital technology, having visible learning & being ubiquitous (anytime, anywhere & global) empowers our tamariki. This brings agency and also helps our students create their digital footprint and supports them to collaborate. This is true for teachers too - utilising the kaupapa to empower them (us) too! I've had some new learning on using the Google Draw tool. The wee animation above is an image I created on google draw...

Comments
Post a Comment